Yes. Once all of the outstanding issues are resolved and a tentative agreement has been reached, that understanding will be memorialized into to a formal, written agreement called the Memorandum of Understanding. Once the parties sign that agreement, it will not only be binding as a legal contract, but it will generally be accepted by the Courts should they later wish to file it with the Court and have it adopted as an Order of the Court.